I just had a whiff of summer today. Something about the smell in the air, the light breeze blowing, the sunshine, the kids talking about end-of-year parties. All of a sudden, I can’t wait.
I love summer! I know that living in Orange County we hardly endure bitter winters, but it’s the ‘attitude’ of summer that I especially like. I know by the time August comes, I am starting to think that school sounds good, but I really hate when it’s over. These are the things I like most about summer.
– the smell of suntan lotion
– the splash of pool water
– tan skin (no burn ’cause we used suntan lotion!)
– beach sand…EVERYWHERE
– loooong days
– cotton candy from Balboa Fun Zone
– sleeping in (at least now and then!)
– kids, kids, kids
– hanging out with my sister and the kids
– chillin’ at the cabin
– strawberries, watermelon, corn on the cob
– barbecues (well done, anyone?)
– ice tea
– baseball games
– sandals and bare feet
– bonfires at the beach with s’mores
Okay, so you get the point. There’s pretty much nothing about summer that I don’t like. So, tell me, what is your favorite season and why? Leave your comments below.