Some time back, I announced a new series that I would be starting, with interviews of some extraordinary ordinary women.
You know nothing is ever as simple as it seems, and this podcast interview process was no exception. I foolishly thought it would be as simple as Record, Post, Play. Oh, the naiveté! After a major learning curve and some indispensable help from my technically adept husband I am happy to present to you the first of my interviews.
Anita Vaters is my beautiful mom. I think a few things you should know about her before you listen to our interview is that she was born and raised in northern Canada. Her parents were both immigrants from Finland and she had a fraternal twin brother.
My mom is a soft-spoken woman, who does not draw attention to herself (unlike her three children!). She loves Jesus, her husband and her family. She is truly a reflection of God’s love to everyone around her. I sat down with my mom on my parent’s back deck to ask her about their marriage and why, after all these years, they still like being together!
Enjoy the interview!
I hope you enjoyed listening to our chat. I think the best advice I got from this interview is as follows.
1. Let the neighborhood kids teach your kids about sex. (On second thought, maybe not so much!)
2. Feed him. (Note: I’m lousy at this!)
3. If you aren’t ready to feed him, fake him out with a table set for dinner.
4. Better yet, let him cook. (She didn’t say that, but I know she meant that!)
5. It’s not all about you!
6. Laugh and have fun together.
7. It’s nice to pray together every day but, if you don’t, it’s ok. Just keep Jesus at the center of your family.
I have another great interview in the works. If all goes well, I will share it with you next Monday!