It seems that lately every blog post I read is basically a Fall “must-haves” shopping list. Maybe I’m like a recovering addict, jones-ing for my next purchase, but all around me are neon signs encouraging me to SHOP, BUY , CONSUME!!
And since I’ve been triumphant in my short journey to not buy anything, I decided to put together my own type of Fall list. Here are the things I am planning to do and the people I want to spend time with before the holidays come charging at me.
1. Take a REAL family photo. One where we all dress up and my baby girl isn’t cranky or pouty and we pose and the sunlight is streaming through the trees.
2. Bum some extra paint off of my Mom( I know you have unused cans in your garage!) and give my little bathroom a new coat of paint.
3. Plan a coffee date with a friend at least once a week. I saw my friends twice this week already and feel like I won the lotto. Friends are good for the soul.
4. Dive into my new bible study byShe Reads Truth
5. Have my nieces and nephew over for a LONG overdue slumber party complete with popcorn, candy and a screening of E.T.
6. Decorate some of those fun pumpkins you see on Pinterest with my friends.
7. Go to the park with Mae in the evenings and push her on the swing in her PJs just to hear her giggle and until she gets sleepy.
8. Perfect the at home Pumpkin Spice latte recipe my Aunt sent me.
9. Try to discover some new TV shows. Nobody will ever replace Walter White, but I’ve got to keep trying to find someone!
10. Wake up earlier than my husband so we can have breakfast together before the day starts.
What are you looking forward to this Fall? Let me know what you are planning in the comments below.
Make it about the people you love and the time spent together!